One of the best things you can do in the Messages app is to send messages in your notes. Here’s how:
- Launch the Messages app.
- Open a discussion or start another.
- Turn your iPhone to face-up mode.
- Click on the text field.
- Click the Handwriting icon (and the circle icon next to the Back button) on the iPhone keyboard.
- Write your message in your own words using your fingertip.
- If you make a mistake, click Back to go back to the previous stroke.
- When you are satisfied with your message, click Done.
This should include your handwritten or recorded message in the discussion section. You have the option to write an additional comment to accompany your doodle if you wish. You can also restart by clicking the X in the upper right corner of the image. When you’re ready to send, click the blue up arrow.
Once a handwritten message is sent, it is automatically saved and can be sent again or used as a handwritten template later. To access these archived messages, follow the steps above. Once you’re on the handwritten page, select one of the handwritten messages from the carousel at the bottom of the page. This will put the message template into text, where you can add or draw other elements. Click Remove to remove unwanted toys, and then click Done when you’re done. If there is a message template you want to remove from the carousel, click on it, then click the X when the templates start to vibrate.