One of the best things about using your phone as an alarm clock is that it already comes with several preset sounds to help you get up and moving. The sounds range from soothing nature sounds that gently lull you out of sleep, to the impossible-to-ignore cuckoo clock. Remember that the words available to you vary depending on the model of your phone, and the type of operating system it is running.
Follow these steps to change the alarm using the voice preset on your phone:
- Open the Clock app on your Android device
- Click the “Alarm” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- To add a new alarm, press the “+” button or Add option.
- To change an existing alarm, tap the alarm.
- When you have the alarm settings, click on the bell icon, “Alarm Sound” option, or Ringtone option.
- You will see a list of preset words.
- Click the text to preview.
- Select the word you want.
The next time your alarm goes off, it will play an audio file of your choice. If you tend to spend a lot of time searching on your phone until the wee hours of the morning, and have a hard time waking up in the morning, it’s a good idea to change the voice from time to time so you don’t get used to it.