Looking for what Hogwarts Legacy tips? We’ve got you covered! If you’re currently in the early stages of the game and not quite sure what to focus on first, our guide can help. We’ve added a ton of tips and tricks related to combat, exploration, equipment and leveling up! Bookmark this page to refer back to while playing the game.
Hogwarts Legacy is the first open-world RPG in the universe of the Harry Potter franchise. Set in the world first described in the books, it includes a range of new and old locations! You can create your own character and become a powerful wizard as you continue your studies at Hogwarts. Learn new spells, improve your potion making skills, hone your talents and go on a journey!
For more Hogwarts Legacy content, check out our Hogwarts Legacy equipment guide, Hogwarts Legacy shopping guide, and our Hogwarts Legacy spells guide.
Hogwarts Legacy tips guide
Now let’s move on to the guide!
- Although the game is open world, you should stick to where the main story tells you to go – at least until you’re a bit more powerful!
- Don’t forget to pick up materials you find during your exploration – you may not need them now, but you will in the future
- Open every chest you come across – they can store galleons or gear, which you can use or sell!
- Be careful not to fall as the game contains fall damage
- Once you unlock Alohamora, look for Disguise Moons to improve your lock picking ability
- Field guide pages can sometimes contain mysterious clues
- The Revelio spell is your best friend as you traverse the outside world, allowing you to find loot, puzzles and danger nearby
- Unlock Floo Flames as soon as possible to make it easier to get around
- Buy a broom ASAP before you go too far!
- Collect field guide pages as they are used to level up efficiently! Leveling up is not only important for game progression and power, but also allows you to wear higher level gear
- Since this game is an RPG, your stats are crucial when it comes to your character’s progression. Make sure your equipment is constantly updated and in line with your current level.
- As you progress through the game, you’ll get a plethora of new gear items. Fortunately, you can sell or destroy old stuff! (We personally recommend selling it to get some extra galleons)
- Inventory slots can be unlocked when you complete Merlin Trials – you can get up to 40 extra slots!
- Some of the gear you acquire is really only used for cosmetic purposes, which can be used with the handy transmog feature – you can access this from the gear menu by selecting “Change Appearance” on a given slot (cosmetic items do not change your appearance). general stats, so don’t worry!)
- You unlock talents through Ancient Magic – this feature allows you to upgrade your overall skills like spells, powers, stealth and more
- You can unlock new talents by spending talent points. Each time you level up, you gain 1 talent point
- You unlock the Talents feature towards the end of the quest for the main story “Jackdaw’s Rest”.
- You can get several new spells by completing Professor Assignments, so be sure to complete them as soon as possible!
- Combos are super important!
- Break enemy shields by attacking them with a spell of the same color
- The Enemies Collection menu contains useful information about an enemy’s weaknesses and vulnerabilities
- You can use your covert spells when exploring the outside world (Petrificus Totalus and Disillusionment!)
For more information about the game, visit the game’s official website or Steam page.