Key Mapper is a small application that allows you to remap your Android phone’s volume buttons to perform a number of functions. Here’s how to set it up:
- Download and Key Mapper app from the Google Play Store.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to provide battery backup and Reachable for the program to work properly.
- When you enter the app, click + at the bottom of the screen to create a new button.
- Press the Record Trigger and press the volume up or down button.
- On the next screen, choose whether you want the event to start with a short, long, or double machine. Therefore, do not use the first method, because this will interfere with the controls of your phone.
- Click the Actions tab at the top and click Add Action.
- Choose what you want to start.
- Click the save button in the bottom right corner.
If you want to advance the trigger, click the Constraints button at the top to prevent it from starting when other activities are happening, such as when media is playing, you’re on a call, or the phone is charging. . The Options tab allows you to do more, such as detect a trigger when the screen is off or vibrate when an action is triggered. Multiple Constraints and Options can be added, providing greater flexibility than the iPhone’s Action Button.