Don’t you hate it when you have to struggle to open your iPad before opening the tools (eg, calculator, notebook, calculator) you need in your classroom? To keep things running smoothly, just update your Control Center, which, if you don’t already know, can be accessed even when your device is locked. This way, you can open your frequently used tools when needed.
Here’s how to customize Control Center on your iPad:
- Open your Settings app.
- Go to Control Center.
- Add your favorite controls to the Included Controls section by clicking the green icon.
If you’re not sure which tools would be most useful in the classroom, here are a few ideas:
- Screen Recording: To record the screen and your voice during the course.
- Calculator: For immediate calculations, such as an unexpected math problem or when writing a student’s paper.
- Timing: Setting a timer in classroom activities.
- Magnifier: Zooming in on text, images, and other types of views.
- Note: For ideas, thoughts, and reminders, you may want to write more often during the day.
- Text Size: Make text on your iPad larger.
- Flashlight: For emergencies.
- Camera: Take photos and scan QR codes.
When you’re happy with your device, simply exit Preferences. You can open Control Center from any app or from the lock screen.